SHOUT BOX

Personal Discussions between our Members (not related to Martina or Tennis)
bobo
Fan

Re: SHOUT BOX

Post by bobo »

Sounds like a podcast is a audio/video blog! I hereby replace the term podcast with video cast. :D

R, Invasion of the Body Snatchers came out when I was a little kid. It really stuck with me. Didn't know that it was a metaphor for communism, but it is clear as day not. Fabulous movie. It's been remade a couple of times. The one with Donald Sutherland & Brooke Adams is great. Not a great as the original though.👍
Rutherford
Big Fan

Post by Rutherford »

Hi Bob,

You're right. The Original version was in the 50's. I gotta check that one out and then make comparisons to the 70's, and 90's. I think Nicole Kidman starred in the last one.

Anyways, the 50's had almost everything. Nothing is perfect. But, the 50's had some excellent living.

R
bobo
Fan

Post by bobo »

The best that the 50's had to offer was me as a kid! :D
bobo
Fan

Post by bobo »

Nicole Kidman is a great actress. On my favorites shortlist!💕
Rutherford
Big Fan

Post by Rutherford »

bobo wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:37 pm The best that the 50's had to offer was me as a kid! :D
:lol: :lol:
Rutherford
Big Fan

Post by Rutherford »

bobo wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:39 pm Nicole Kidman is a great actress. On my favorites shortlist!💕
Agreed, I've never seen her in the Invasion of the Body snatchers remake but I'll check it out.
bobo
Fan

Post by bobo »

I am not familiar with an "Invasion" remake with Nicole. ;)
Rutherford
Big Fan

Post by Rutherford »

bobo wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:44 pm I am not familiar with an "Invasion" remake with Nicole. ;)
Hi Bob, check out the link. It was originally intended to be a reboot. But morphed into another project. Probably available to rent for a dollar.

I want to check it out.

R

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Invasion_(film)
bobo
Fan

Post by bobo »

R. I watched The Invasion! The best part was in the first 10 minutes when Nicole ran around in her underwear! :D 💕The movie wasn't anything to write home about, but Nicole was great as usual. She never phones in a performance. Always totally believable. ;) The movie was originally scheduled to be a remake of Invasion of The Body Snatchers. Then they decided to do a "modern" version. Big mistake. Attempting to improve on perfection is a fools errand!
bobo
Fan

Post by bobo »

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! 💐